Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'll take it with a side of double stuf.

I know, I'm not very original making Chocolate pie in February. But I like chocolate!! Besides, it's not like there is a seasonal fruit to mash up in my kitchen to slide in a pie shell.




Pie 2: Chocolate Cream Pie

This recipe is from Saveur. Go here. You know you want to: 
http://www.saveur.com/

The frustrating part was I could not find chocolate nilla wafers. I checked several stores, swearing under my breath because I swore I saw a box of those sneaky cookies someplace. Grr! So I bought a pack of Oreos and proceeded to use my best untwisting skills to make a pile of just chocolate cookies. This left me a pile of single cookies with a chunk of icing on each one. I decided to smash those two half oreos and make my own double stuf oreos. Why waste chocolate?



Comments:
The crust turned out tough, presumably due to my lack of nilla wafers. The rest of the pie: FANTASTIC! 

Plus it tastes good with a couple of double stuf oreos. 

Now Bake That!






No comments:

Post a Comment