Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cake pops that are fore fun!

I mentioned in my last blog that both of my boys wanted cake pops at their birthday. My youngest had his party at a glow in the dark, indoor mini golf course. I did some serious web surfing and was inspired by 1finecookie. She made the cake pops for Father's Day and they had bacon filling. 



1. Cake
This was a party for 6 year olds so I made Barefoot Contessa's birthday sheet cake as the innards instead: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/birthday-sheet-cake-recipe/index.html

2. Decoration
I didn't have the time to use golf molds, so I used an idea from another blog Candy's Cake Pops and used white sprinkles. Then I melted Air Head candies and molded the golf tees. I made green colored rice krispie treats as the "grass" and put a cake pop in their with his candles so we had something to hold his number 6 birthday cake candle.







The kids LOVED them! So did the party organizers at the indoor mini golf place and I gave each of our party helpers one to take with them. What surprised me was how much the kids loved the rice krispie treats. I say if you can't buy or make your own cake, this would be an great alternative!

Now Bake That!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment