Sunday, October 14, 2012

I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie






I love that vignette from the movie When Harry Met Sally, when they talk in funny voices about pecan pie. Which makes me think...how are you supposed to say pecan? Is it pee-can? or pah-cawn?

Most pecan pie recipes have corn syrup in it. I'm not opposed to corn syrup. I make marshmallows from scratch. Yet, some traditional pecan pies seem too sweet. (and this is coming from the person who loves things sweet.)

Therefore, I was very excited to find this no corn syrup version from the All Recipes website, titled Pecan Pie V. It just uses regular granulated sugar and brown sugar. I read the comments and one person said that the pie top wasn't pretty. So the only change I made to the recipe was decorate the top with pecan halves.

The only problems I had this month is that there was not quite enough filling, the crust shrunk a little and I forgot to take the pie shield off, so the crust was a little pale looking.

Aesthetic comments aside, the pie tasted AMAZING. My parents were in town when I made this pie and were thrilled to give it a try. They loved it!

Now Bake That!!

No comments:

Post a Comment