Saturday, April 20, 2013

Crazy Creepin' Creeper Cake Pops

There is something you should know about most boys I know under the age of twelve. They're all addicted. 

To Minecraft. 

Yep. That fuzzy block shaped, animated video game featuring Lego inspired robots, sheep, spiders, diamond swords and creepers has invaded my life. It is on my phone, my husband's phone, my iPad, my husband's iPad, my laptop and our Xbox. The only good part of this game is now my youngest child has something in common with his cousin who lives two states away, whom he sees only once a year and is five years older than him. These two boys talked two hours about Minecraft. Whoa.

My oldest child was turning ten this year. He chose to have his first sleep over birthday party this year. The theme was of course...video games. Not that it was really a theme, just justification for creeper cake pops. After some surfing on google images, I made my own.
 


Molded cake pops are my second choice. I prefer cutting my cake into shapes. I baked a from scratch yellow cake and using a ruler, cut cubes.

  




 2. I melted a handful of candy melts from Wilton and dipped each stick into the cake. I froze the cake pop in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then I melted the rest of the green candy melts. I dipped and then let it dry.


3. Then came the conundrum. How do I get the faces on there? I tried two methods using Wilton products: Shape-n-Amaze and Cookie icing in a glue shaped bottle. I actually thought the cookie icing looked nicer (it was shiny). However, the Shape-n-Amaze was far easier to do, so I went with that for the rest of the cake pops.




I don't know why I fussed. The kids didn't care. They were thrilled they were creepers!

Now Bake That!
  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment