Sunday, April 14, 2013

Stick it!

My son had his first baseball game today. 




So in honor of all 7 year olds trying to bat with a machine pitcher, I made soft pretzels for April's bread baking adventure!

I used a recipe I had my eye on for awhile from Cook's Illustrated, soft pretzels. However, if you don't get Cook's Illustrated or have the Baking Illustrated cookbook, I searched and found a similar recipe on about.com Homemade soft pretzel bites. The main difference in the recipe is Cook's Illustrated used honey instead of sugar and some of the quantities are different.

Anyway, I prefer pretzel sticks. So instead of rolling into snakes and making knots, I just cut the dough in 12 pieces and stretched it out before boiling. I made cheese sauce from velveeta and milk. Basically the same sauce on the box for Mac n' cheese.




My parents were visiting from Minnesota and were super happy to help trying them out. They were awesome!

Now Bake That!








No comments:

Post a Comment